Health Dangers with Copiers?
When you’re looking for a new copier in Charlotte, one of the factors you may want to consider is whether or not you want one that produces VOCs, or Volatile Organic Compounds. To help you make that decision, you can consider some of the potential risks, as well as determine if your Charlotte office will allow you to place your new copier in a location that decreases the impact on health.
Since most copiers produce ozone, which is a VOC, be mindful of the following possible problems:
• Lung inflammation and irritation
• Coughing and pain when deep breathing
• Heightened risk for experiencing pneumonia and bronchitis
Some of the ways to avoid the risks are:
• Place the copier in a well-ventilated area
• Ensure employees are not located in the immediate vicinity of the copier
• Replace any ozone filters on the copier regularly.
With proper precautions, your employees will be safe from risks. Another option available in Charlotte is to purchase a copier that doesn’t produce ozone. There aren’t many available on the market, but it’s something you can consider when you’re looking for your next one.